8th-13th July 2018
Symposium Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 27th International Symposium on Photochemistry – PhotoIUPAC 2018, which will be held in University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland from 8th – 13th July 2018.
Call for Abstracts Opens: 19th September 2017
Oral Submission Dates:
Deadline for Submission of Oral Abstracts: 23rd March 2018
Notification of Review Outcome for Oral Abstracts: April 2018
Deadline for Accepted Oral Presenters to Register to Confirm Attendance: April 2018
Poster Submission Dates:
Deadline for Submission for Poster Abstracts: 18th May 2018
Notification of Review Outcome for Poster Abstracts: May 2018
Deadline for Accepted Poster Presenters to Register to Confirm Attendance: June 2018
- Submission Process
- Presentation Type
- Submission Guidelines
- Submission Process
- Notification of Acceptance
The abstract submission process for PhotoIUPAC 2018 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the symposium. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact PhotoIUPAC2018@conferencepartners.ie.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Symposium prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance you must register by the deadline indicated in your acceptance email.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate as outlined in your acceptance email. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact PhotoIUPAC2018@conferencepartners.ie. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Symposium as Oral or as a Poster. The deadline to submit an abstract for Oral presentation is 23rd March. The deadline to submit for Poster presentation is 18th May.
Please select one of the following categories:
- Oral Only
- Poster Only
- Oral or Poster
The Programme Committee may at the review stage change the presentation type submitted by the author prior to notification of acceptance to ensure the continuity of the symposium programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the Programme Committee is final.
Contributed lectures will run in parallel sessions and will be scheduled for 20 minutes (15 minutes presentation + 5 minutes for questions)
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the symposium. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 in portrait orientation (0.84 x 1.19 m)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the symposium themes.
01) Organic Photochemistry: Mechanistic, Synthetic, and Flow Methods
02) Inorganic and Coordination Photochemistry and Photophysics
03) Supramolecular photochemistry
05) Luminescent Probes, Analysis and Sensing
06) Environmental Photochemistry
07) Biomimetic and Artificial Photosynthesis
08) Photobiological Processes
09) Phototherapeutics, Photodynamic Therapy, Photocages
10) Bioimaging and Diagnostics
11) Photochromism, Photoswitches and Photomolecular Machines
12) Solar Energy Conversion, Photovoltaics, and Renewable Energy
13) Ultrafast, Coherent Phenomena, Singlet Fission
14) Multiphotonic and Nonlinear Processes
15) Photochemical and Photophysical Theory and Modeling
16) Photoactive Nanoparticles, plasmonics and Materials
17) Photonics and Metamaterials
18) Spectroscopy and Instrumentation
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for PhotoIUPAC 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the PhotoIUPAC 2018 abstract submission system and Symposium registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
A person may be associated with an unlimited number of papers but only 1 paper per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact PhotoIUPAC2018@conferencepartners.ie.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral Only, Poster Only, Oral or Poster)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract should be a maximum of one page in length including Title, Authors and Affiliations etc.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information:
2nd and 3rd choice of theme; and if you if you selected your theme as ‘Other’ please indicate what the theme is.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract. Please use Word version 2007 or 2010.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification for oral submissions will be sent to the Presenting Author in April 2018.
Notification for poster submissions will be sent to the Presenting Author in May 2018.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Symposium by the specified date depending on presentation type. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the abstract from the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines on the PhotoIUPAC 2018 set out above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the symposium website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for PhotoIUPAC 2018
- The decision to include an abstract in the programme is made by the scientific committee. Their decision is final.
- In the event that your abstract is not accepted for an oral presentation you may be offered the opportunity to present a poster.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- A person may be associated with an unlimited number of papers but only 1 paper per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the symposium between 8 – 13 July 2018.
If you have any queries regarding submission of your abstract, please contact the PhotoIUPAC 2018 Programme Team PhotoIUPAC2018@conferencepartners.ie.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the PhotoIUPAC 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template.